Projects Manager required for Steel Stud Drywall Company
Peninsula Wall and Ceiling is an established and well-respected drywall contractor specializing in new commercial and multi residential building construction throughout the Lower Mainland for the past 15 years. We are currently exited to offer the position of full-time Projects Manager. This person will be working under the guidance of the General Manager and alongside the Construction Manager and Senior Estimator.
This position is at a senior level within our organization and comes with a vast number of duties and responsibilities. This position requires a person with their finger on the pulse of our industry. Overseeing multiple projects from inception to completion, assisting our site supervisors to ensure budgets are met, procedures are being followed and quality assurance is being provided. The right candidate will bring relationships with General Contractors, Subtrades and or Developer/ Owners and a black book of quality tradesman with them into their new position.
- Responsible for the management supervision and coordination of all facets of our scope of work on assigned projects with our project supervisors, subcontractors and employees.
- Implement and develop working schedules and milestone targets.
- Maintain construction schedules, milestones and completion dates.
- Ensure all projects are built according to project documents, plans, shop drawings and specifications.
- Develop close working relationships with consultants, contractors and architects.
- Coordinate and manage all contract documents including drawings, specifications, appendices, site instructions and change orders.
- Coordinate all project changes and ensure they are tracked, priced and approved with project spread sheets.
- Sit in trade meeting with our project supervisors.
- Work with project supervisors to ensure safe work policies are being followed including all company safety protocols as well as all work safe regulations and hazard assessments.
- Oversee and assist supervisors with project problem solving, scheduling and manpower.
Page 2 of 2
- Ensure that company policies are being used accurately on sites.
- Manage the project budget, financial tracking and reporting and projecting.
- Documentation for project financials, methodology, tracking changes, invoicing, and billing.
- Minimum 10 years construction supervision experience with minimum 5 years project management experience.
- Ability and skillset to manage multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of construction software such as Procore, Aconnex, and Blue Beam.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, and outlook.
- Exceptional understanding of the specification sections 5000, 7000 and 9000 as they pertain to the steel stud drywall trade.
- Strong aptitude, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with industry leaders and build long respecting relationships.
- Proven track record of successfully managed projects
- Understanding of contract literature, estimating, job cost budgeting and projecting.
- Ability to manage and lead teams with success.
- Excellent organizational skills and have the ability to time manage and meet multiple tasks within a high-pressure work environment.
- MUST live in the lower mainland and be able to legally work in Canada.
Compensation $ 75,000 - $ 90,000 plus vehicle allowance, gas and benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- project management: 4 years (preferred)
- Project Supervision: 6 years (preferred)