English Online is hiring a full-time e-Facilitator based in Winnipeg, MB, to support online self-directed learners. This year, English Online is expanding its services to eligible Manitoba clients through the Live and Learn Plus program funded by the Government of Manitoba.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the project e-Facilitator will engage in a broad range of services within the context of settlement and integration. The incumbent will be responsible for the promotion of the extended services among the target client group, building connections with agencies and service provider organizations in the province to raise awareness and streamline referral process.
Incumbent will work directly with the target client group to facilitate usage of the online self-directed modules available on the Live & Learn website, deliver online virtual classes. The e-Facilitator will orient and guide learners to develop a program of study, i.e. Personal Learning Plan. In addition, e-Facilitator will provide feedback as well as settlement and language support to learners via phone, email and/or Skype. Incumbent will work closely with the Intake Assistant and the Learner Services team to get input on workshop content and design and other relevant resources.
The successful candidate will be self-reliant and able to manage timelines for deliverables. Documentation for work process, good file management and timely reporting is expected, as well as the ability to interpret policies and procedures and deal with highly confidential and sensitive material.
The successful candidate will:
- Schedule and deliver project activities
- Visit local and regional SPOs and agencies to promote the extended services and meet with the target clients
- Work collaboratively with partners to assure positive engagement with English Online resources and services
- Conduct Needs and Evaluation Surveys and focus groups
- Respond to programming needs as identified by stakeholders
- Update resources, activities, quizzes, and handouts for online classes
- Deliver virtual classes
- Provide 1on1 support to clients by email, phone, the learning platforms and online communicators, i.e. Skype.
- Monitor and moderate the discussion board in a timely manner
- Participate in team meetings; Attend and assist with events as required
- Maintain timely reporting
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- TESL Certification, recognized by TESL Canada, and University Degree
- 1 to 3 years teaching or tutoring adult ESL
- Successful experience teaching or tutoring in an newcomer environment
- High user of learning technologies and web-based training. Specifically, experience with the following applications: WordPress, Social Media, Skype, BigBlueButton is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint); experience with LMS and databases; high level of comfort with computers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an electronic workplace is essential.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team and independently
- Experience delivering online courses is beneficial
- Additional language is an asset
- Valid driver’s license
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hr/week. Paid training will be provided.
Start date: July 15, 2019 or as soon as possible
End date: March 31, 2020
Schedule: To be determined. Some evenings and weekends maybe required.
Location: Winnipeg. Telecommuting may be available for this position.
Wage: $21.53 p/ h
Application Process: Please check the posting here: http://myenglishonline.ca/careers/ andsubmit a cover letter and updated resume before 8:00 a.m. CDT on Monday, July 1, 2019, via email with a subject line "e-Facilitator MB clients Application June 2019”. You will receive an email notification to confirm your application has been received.
Selection Process: Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
As part of the selection process candidates will be interviewed using behavioral, and scenario-based interview questions via Skype.
Application and Interview Tips:
- English Online Inc. supports clients via online technologies, please highlight your technological skills and experience in your cover letter. Be specific on what applications you have used (Hint: look at the list of the qualifications, there are many free online tutorials on the tools mentioned.)
- The online portion of the interview will be via Skype. Please familiarize yourself with the different functions in Skype and give some thought on how you would facilitate a Skype chat with a learner.
- English Online uses a self-directed learning model to facilitate learning. Understanding current trends and pedagogy of self-directed learning would be beneficial. Acquaint yourself with our organization and activities (Website; Twitter; Facebook)
Past applicants volunteered with us, brought with them a teaching portfolio, uploaded YouTube video to present grammar points, created activities for self-directed learners, shared their teaching blog, participated in an online course or online workshop and presented evidence of their commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
An organizational value of English Online Inc. is professional development and career path management. We support and encourage internal staff, contractors and volunteers to apply for any available position either before or at the same time the position is advertised outside of the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.53 /hour