The Multi-Service Centre (MSC) is a non-profit organization serving the tri-counties area of Oxford, Elgin and Norfolk and focusing on delivering essential services to our community. Staff and management provide high quality, client driven care programs including Adult Literacy & Essential Skills, Employment Programs and Home Support. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Client Services Coordinator.
Position Summary & Purpose
The Home Support Client Services Coordinator is a member of the Home Support (HS) team and provides direct supervision of the MSC Community Workers (PSWs and Housekeepers) in their assigned program areas. The Client Services Coordinator will provide leadership and coordination of services to clients and their families to ensure that the Home Support programs operate within all applicable funding and policy guidelines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure excellence in all Home Support programs by participating in the development and maintenance of staffing needs and service delivery.
- Establish and maintain client care plans to minimize risks and promote health, dignity, integration, independence and equal opportunity.
- Create and monitor Community Worker schedules.
- Provide effective leadership and supervision to Community Workers during onboarding, training, staff development, home audit assessments and performance appraisal reviews.
- Be available to participate in the On-Call rotation to provide guidance for our PSW’s in regards to scheduling, service plans and client care.
- Participate in Health and Safety training and apply such knowledge on the job.
- Ensure all workplace accidents/incidents are reported in a timely manner in accordance with the MSC policies and procedures
At the MSC we are committed to a supportive and flexible work environment, with a history of providing exceptional service. We offer a competitive compensation package and professional development opportunities.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in a health care related field preferred or a PSW certification would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a health services or related field required, specifically as a supervisor for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working with seniors, preferably within the community sector or a healthcare environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in scheduling, program planning and evaluation preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in client/customer services would be an asset.
- Advanced computer skills with experience using an Employee/Client Management system, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Experience working in a non-profit setting, delivering community service programs.
- Familiarity of the MSC’s geographical service delivery area.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, organized, with the ability to multi-task.
- Cooperative team player, with a strong spirit for volunteerism and community awareness.
- Accountable, reliable, self-motivated with strong ethics and integrity.
- Adaptable, creative and innovative thinker; life-long learner.
Please Note: The information in this job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required by employees assigned to this position.
If you are interested in having the opportunity to work in an environment that promotes quality, excellence, innovation, cooperation, participation, health & safety, effective communications and respect in the workplace, and would like to apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter on or before September 24, 2019 at 4:30pm.
Notice to all candidates: In accordance with the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation (IASR) under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), we will provide reasonable accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for applicants, as needed, upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Scheduling: 2 years (Preferred)