Location: North Vancouver, BC
Company: Jastram Engineering Ltd. (JEL)
Contact: Carole Arneson
Jastram Engineering Ltd. is setting the standard in marine steering excellence. We design and manufacture hydraulic steering systems and steering controls for all types of vessels worldwide. Established in 1989, Jastram is well-respected in the international marine steering system market.
We have a permanent full-time opening in our Accounting Team for an Accounting Clerk in our North Vancouver office. The Accounting Clerk is responsible to the Controller for full-cycle maintenance of the Accounts Payable and Inventory sub-ledgers and the Purchase Order review of two operating companies. Duties include all regular AP duties as well as ensuring NAFTA certificates are up-to-date, preparing commercial invoices and customs documentation. Finally, responsible for the month end working papers (ex. Prepaid, Fixed Asset/Depreciation schedules).
The successful applicant to this position will:
- Be proficient with MS Office
- Be able to work within a team and independently with minimal guidance
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Be fluent in English
- Be able to legally work in Canada
- Be exceptional at customer service and be able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
In addition, preference will be given to applicants who have exposure to SysPro.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Accounting staff where masks. Sign in protocol upon entry.
- General Accounting: 2 years (required)