Huntsville Forest Products (HFP), formerly RYAM Huntsville Sawmill was acquired in October 2020 by Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve. HFP is a unionized environment and has a production capacity of 30 million fbm of hardwood lumber annually. In addition to acquiring the sawmill Haliburton Forest has also acquired the Forestry division of RYAM Huntsville which supplies the mill with sawlogs from French Severn Forest, Algonquin Forestry Authority, as well as other Crown forest entities in the region.
We are currently looking for summer students to join the team at our busy sawmill in Huntsville. Reporting to the Sawmill Supervisor, the employee will be primarily responsible for maintaining a steady flow of material from the green chain onto lumber carts
The following responsibilities are assigned to this position:
- Sort and pile lumber onto appropriate carts to customer standards.
- Ensure neatness and presentation of all packs
- Follow all established safety procedures.
- Contribute and act effectively within the team.
- Other Duties as assigned
The following criteria are the minimum qualifications required for this position:
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to meet quality and efficiency expectations.
- Demonstrated reliability.
This position is a unionized position under the United Steelworkers. All positions will be paid in accordance with the rate determined by the Collective Agreement.
This position is available to start immediately. Please apply to this position at your earliest convenience.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manual labour: 1 year (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place