Komo Consulting is an educational consulting firm rethinking the role and nature of academic support. We’ve developed a skills-based, high-impact alternative to traditional tutoring and are expanding to support students across North America.
We’re seeking a Math specialist to join our team of dedicated educators.
- You’ll be using students’ school work to develop the core skills, mindsets and attributes they need to succeed inside and outside the classroom.
- You’ll work remotely with a team of educators supporting diverse learners across North America.
- Scope of work includes:
- Diagnostics and needs assessment (identify gaps in student knowledge and co-construct a strategy to bridge them)
- Service delivery (online using platforms such as Zoom, Skype, Google docs)
- Documentation and reflection of student learning
- Consistent, transparent communication with clients
- Weekly team meetings * In addition to sharing your subject matter expertise, you will be a hybrid mentor, coach, advocate and personal cheerleader for our students. You will not so much be teaching kids math, but rather coaching them in how to learn math.
- Commitment is for the 2019/2020 school year (mid-August 2019/ mid-June 2020), 6-10h/week to start.
What you need to succeed:
- Subject matter expertise, evidenced for example through an undergraduate degree in Math with an excellent record of academic achievement (demonstrated through high grades, scholarships and/or awards).
- At least 2 years of experience working as an educator with high school and university students (i.e. teacher, tutor, mentor).
- A real passion for helping kids reach their potential and help them develop into lifelong learners.
- Impeccable communication skills (speaking, writing, listening).
- Strong rapport-building abilities; desire to genuinely connect with each client and develop a relationship based on mutual trust and respect.
- Patience and a reassuring demeanour.
- Demonstrated commitment to going above and beyond in supporting student learning, achievement and well-being. We do whatever it takes to help our clients reach their goals, and are looking for someone equally fanatical about providing the most impactful support possible.
- Open to learning and implementing new methods and models of academic support (training is provided).
- Extremely motivated and adaptable team-player who is a consummate professional with a great sense of humour.
- Must value and commit to cohesive instructional practices. Multiple members of our team support each student; we bring our unique experiences and perspectives to our work while ensuring streamlined support across disciplines.
- Willingness to engage with prospective clients via social media.
- Fluency in the English language.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Subject matter expertise in sciences (Biology, Physics).
- Familiarity with various curricula such as IB and AP.
- French or Spanish language abilities
Why work with us?
- Join a small, close-knit team of awesome people who genuinely love the work we do.
- Be a part of a well-respected and innovative educational consulting firm providing the best academic support in the world (seriously).
- Work from home (or anywhere in the world).
- Change lives for the better. We transform struggling students into confident thinkers, clear communicators and skilled time managers who thrive inside and outside the classroom.
- Room to grow with the company and increase your earning potential.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- educator: 2 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)