MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING COUNSELLOR
May 17, 2019
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one (1) full-time term Employment and Training Counsellor position within our Metis Employment and Training Department located at the MMF Winnipeg Regional Office in Winnipeg, MB. This term position has an end date of March 31, 2020 with the possibility of extension depending on staffing needs and funding availability. Remuneration is based on education, qualifications and experience.
- Conduct assessments of clients to determine employment and training needs and eligibility for MET programs and services;
- Conduct client interviews, gather information, and verify eligibility;
- Determine client training/employment readiness and career/education goals;
- Develop employment and training action plans;
- Negotiate financial supports for employment and training activities;
- Provide counseling and support, job search assistance, labour market information, and referrals to other services and supports;
- File and case management of clients;
- Provide information on programs, services and community resources;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience, and/or fully prepared to undertake training to fully meet the position requirements;
- Relevant Employment/Career/Education Counselling experience;
- Demonstrated Case Management experience;
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships with a diverse array of partners, clients and co-workers;
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong organizational and problem solving ability with demonstrated commitment to deadlines, accountability and details;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills that convey ideas clearly, concisely and in a timely manner;
- Ability to use sound judgment and initiative in managing client caseload and workflow;
- Experience working with Indigenous non-profit organizations, volunteer boards & committees is preferred;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their cover letter/resume. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to: health and dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability as well as a pension plan. We also offer an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant.
Please forward a cover letter, resume and salary expectations by Friday, May 31, 2019. We thank all who apply; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
MMF Finance & Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email or Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.caand www.mmfemployment.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary