8 PROLOGIS BOULEVARD UNIT 402 MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO L5W 0G9
Are you an Innovative thinker, Solution minded, self-motivated and wants to be apart of a multigenerational diverse workforce? We have a HR Manager position for you!
The Human Resources Manager will lead and manage the HR team in the main HR functional areas of; recruitment, on-boarding, and employee relations and investigations. The HR Manager will support HR leadership and the operations team in the planning and execution of Health and Safety and audits, learning and development, compliance, employee engagement and retention initiatives and HR strategy.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, and as first point of contact to field operations employees and the Human Resources Generalists. HR Manager is responsible for overseeing communicating, deploying, and reinforcing company HR polices, practices, procedures, and initiatives. The position requires knowledge and application of HR principles and practices, personnel administration, effective oral and written communication and listening skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively handle confidential information. The position also requires the ability to promote an active workplace culture where people feel a sense of belonging and inclusion with an equal ability to engage in difficult workplace conversations and decision making.
- Responds to human resources-related inquiries as first point of contact for field teams
- Collaborates with field operations and human resources teams to develop and execute effective recruitment strategies and key metrics including future staffing needs and trends
- Builds strong working relationships with operations managers and employees in order to proactively and reactively address human resources-related matters
- Provides HR policy and procedure guidance to operations managers and employees
- Provides guidance to operations managers on employee coaching, performance management and terminations, elevating to Director, HR as directed
- Drives talent management, development, performance reviews and other employee life-cycle processes
- Supports and encourages a positive employee morale and company culture
- Prioritizes employee relations complaints including workplace harassment and conducts necessary investigations and follow-up disciplinary actions
- Completes the timely collection and presentation of facts and supporting documentation associated with legislative and legal challenges
- Assists with benefits and payroll enrolments, changes, processing and discrepancies in partnership with third-party providers
- Assists with attendance management including occupational and non-occupational related absences in partnership with operations managers, third-party providers and government agencies
- Timely and accurately maintains employee records (HRIS)
- Assists with employee surveys, analysis, action planning and execution
- Actively participates in field, team and company meetings and events
- Assists with creation and delivery of SOPs, training programs, policy changes, and communications
- Proactively maintains up-to-date knowledge of provincial employment law and compliance requirements; and up-to-date knowledge of business operations, SOPs, workforce management trends
- Performs administrative functions and other needed duties as required by the business
Qualifications-Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires 3-5 years of experience of Managing in Human Resources or related discipline (within retail, QSR, and or hospitality an asset)
- Post Secondary degree / diploma in Human Resources Management
- 4+ years of human resources generalist experience, preferably in a multi-unit restaurant or retail environment
- Demonstrate credibility and discretion in handling confidential/sensitive information with employees and provide professional customer focused service to employees
- Sound problem solving skills with an ability to understand broad Human Resources issues and resolve conflict situations in a diplomatic manner
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong Leadership in the areas of Recruitment, Employee Relations, Learning and Development
- Working knowledge in health and safety, payroll, compensation and benefits.
- Ability to converse comfortably with employees and confidently engage in difficult conversations
- Presentation and facilitation skills in small group meeting format
- Be flexible to support unanticipated changes to work demands; work independently and as part of a team
- Requires leadership and self-motivating work skills to be part of a diverse work team under minimal supervision
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple work projects and priorities as well as work effectively in HR, Operations and cross-functional work teams
- Ability to support and respond to the needs of a 24-hour day, 7 day per week work environment that may require occasional evenings and weekend support on limited notice
- Passion for the industry and the people and customers who drive it
- Requires strong knowledge of HR technical subjects; proficiency with Ceridian Dayforce HRIS
- Computer literate (e.g. MS Office, HRIS) with proven ability to prepare documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Ability to wor remotely both in plazas (2-3 days ONsite in plazas or office) as well as in a home office setting
- Must have a reliable and accessible vehicle for all driving season and conditions and a valid driver license is good standing to travel to ONroute plazas, the Resource Centre and attend company meetings and other functions across Ontario, as required.
ONroute is committed to providing accessible hiring and employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the "AODA") and the Human Rights Code of Ontario. If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or on the electronic application form.