Join a Canadian success story still growing strong after 65 years. Stephenson’s Rental Services is a total solutions provider focused on the tool and equipment rental market. Our services help everyone from homeowners to independent contractors and major construction companies complete their projects on time and on budget. Our dedication to customer service and focus on continuous improvement has seen us flourish into one of the largest independent rental companies in Canada and we are excited about our future. We are proud of the great partnerships we form with our customers, our team members and vendor partners and the unique solutions we provide to Canadian businesses and home owners.
We currently have a 6-month contract opening for a Shipper/Receiver (Job #20020) at our Branch located on Eastern Ave in Toronto, ON.
- Competitive hourly wages plus bonus opportunity.
- Attractive company paid benefit package after 3 months.
- Option to participate in company matched retirement plan.
- Opportunity to participate in exciting discount programs.
- 42.5 hours per week
- Uniform and boots allowance provided.
- Any required training provided.
- Opportunities to grow with us!
As a key member of the Stephenson’s team, the Shipper/Receiver is responsible for general housekeeping, inventory checks, equipment cleaning and yard organization duties. This could include equipment staging, loading and unloading of equipment and general cleaning of the yard, equipment, and facility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years shipping and receiving experience including material handling.
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and an abstract (current within 30 days) must be submitted with application.
- Able to safely load and unload equipment, includes regular lifting of up to 65lbs.
- Forklift license an asset.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- General upkeep and maintenance of yard and equipment.
- Conduct daily yard checks to support parts management including processing orders and maintaining stock and inventory accuracy.
- Shipping of products to Stephenson’s internal stores and customers.
- Daily administration tasks including the completion of any necessary paperwork and procedures related to servicing of equipment.
- Assist with the fueling, back shop maintenance, washing, servicing and minor equipment repairs.
- Ensure every customer is treated in the same, fair and consistent manner.
- Remain professional both in conduct and appearance.
- Manage computer transfers for incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Adhere to all Company and Customer Safety Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
We would like to thank all that apply! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and accommodations are available upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Shipping And Receiving: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)