Location: Markham Office, 675 Cochrane Drive, Suite 710 East Tower, Markham, ON, L3R 0B8
Wage: Schedule 1 employee as defined in the Collective Agreement between COPE 343 and WHSC. Wage per week: $1,231.52
The Workers Health and Safety Centre (WHSC) requires a full‐time Secretary in the Training Services department to assist our efforts to provide high‐quality occupational health and safety training services.
More information about WHSC can be found at https://www.whsc.on.ca/Home.
WHSC is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. It is WHSC Policy that all employees work in an inclusive environment that acknowledges and promotes equal rights for all persons, including those with disabilities, as outlined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please be advised that disability accommodation is available upon request.
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Good technical knowledge of office administration, word processing, desktop publishing and records maintenance
- Proficient in Windows operating system, MS Office, MS CRM, MS Outlook.
- Experience managing databases of clients, membership or similar datasets
- College diploma or equivalent experience in office administration.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Three years of general office experience.
- Word processing 60 w.p.m. minimum.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create classes and course orders using our in‐house customer relations management software.
- Register, transfer and cancel students.
- Print and distribute WHSC certificates and records of training
- Scan and save evaluations, student forms and other classroom documents.
- Monitor data for completeness and correctness
- Respond to inquiries, redirect incoming calls, plus arranges for appointments and course bookings.
- Performs general office/administrative duties including photocopying, filing.
- Collate, assembling and mailing of promotional packages and materials.
- Compose, format and word process letters, memos and documents.
- Adhere to WHSC operating processes, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Application deadline: 2021-06-28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $1,231.52 per week
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Temporarily due to COVID-19