Provincial Road Markings Inc. provides pavement markings to various municipalities, cities, towns and regions and is seeking a General Labourer in the Road Maintenance field to assist our crews.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Load, unload, and transport construction materials.
· Assist in placing signs, cones and barricades.
· Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site.
· Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew.
· Operate hand tools when necessary.
· Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicles.
· Other related duties and tasks that may arise on a daily basis and will be assigned by your Supervisor.
· Fluent in English.
· Ability to lift moderate to heavy objects repetitively throughout working hours.
· Ability to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
· Ability to travel extensively throughout Ontario.
· This position is outdoor roadway construction – ability to work in all weather conditions is a must.
· Out of town travel required (may be away from home for up to 3-4 weeks at a time depending on where the jobs are located) – hotel accommodations are provided.
· Working hours may exceed 8 hours per day.
· Working long hours, nights, and weekends will be required.
Experience & Skills:
· Previous outdoor construction or farming experience will be considered an asset.
· Valid G license and clean abstract considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: From $23.00 per hour