At UNFI Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth. We embrace change to discover what's next... and that is recruiting for new talent such as yourself!
We bring healthier food options to people every day, and our team is driving these efforts to promote a healthier lifestyle best suited for you!
New Routes can take us anywhere, and that is discovering YOU to come on board to join us at UNFI Canada!
Please watch these videos to learn more about us:
Afternoon Shift: Successful candidate is expected to be at work 30 minutes prior to the shift start time to prepare and meet with the Warehouse Manager for planning. Our afternoon shift operation starts from 3:00pm to 1:30am (Note: shift is subject to change in the event the business needs calls for it)
Afternoon Shift: 4x10 hours per day work week.
Responsible for Supervising the shipping/receiving functions of all outgoing/incoming products from the warehouse. Leads and controls activities of company warehouse personnel. Front line supervision is an extremely important function for the company, positive interaction with the employees is critical as this ensures getting work out on time, efficiently, and accurately. Ensures shipping, receiving, storage, and distribution are performed in an efficient manner. Takes precautions to protect warehouse contents against loss. Retains and reviews warehouse documents and reports. Conducts Warehouse operations in accordance with established procedures and policies and keeps management informed of Warehouse activities. Completes miscellaneous support functions and supports area personnel as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Provides direction and proper motivation to leads and line employees to ensure the daily workload is completed in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintains a positive presence on the floor throughout the shift.
- Supervises all warehouse functions.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and reports as required.
- Provides new hire and follow- up training for all employees.
- Performs job evaluations and communicates results to employees.
- Evaluates work performance of personnel regarding promotions, absenteeism, commendations and disciplinary action.
- Communicates with other members of management and departments to ensure that goals are accomplished.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment. Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and regulations regarding fire and other potential emergencies.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of progressive related experience.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing and inventory procedures and policies.
- Understanding of required computer applications.
- Familiarity with courier and mailing functions.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Excellent leadership abilities.
- Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to use all related maintenance equipment and computer applications.
- Attentive to detail.
- Good communication and public relations skills.
- Able to operate PC and use Microsoft Office Applications: Word and Excel.
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse Operations Management: 5 years (Required)