SE Design and Consulting Inc. have an opportunity for an Intermediate Planning Technician in Cold Lake, Alberta. The City of Cold Lake is a dynamic and fast growing community of 16,000 people located 3 hours North East of Edmonton, Alberta, in the Lakeland region. The area provides excellent opportunities for long term employment combined with small town atmosphere and superb outdoor recreation for enjoyment in your off times.
In this role the successful candidate will work closely with project managers on a variety of land use planning and transportation projects of varying scale and complexity. Projects will range from site design to master planning. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work collaboratively with other disciplines on large multi-disciplinary projects. you will be working within a collaborative team environment with opportunities to work on an array of challenging projects - both public and private.
- Assisting with the preparation of site plans, plans of subdivision and various concept plans in AutoCAD.
- Assisting with the preparation of Area Structure Plans.
- Coordinating a variety of land development applications including site plan applications, plans of subdivision, rezoning and plan amendments.
- Research and compile information on a variety of planning issues from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of, and application of land use planning legislation.
- Offer analysis and opinions with respect to land use planning matters
- Prepare planning and site analysis reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A College diploma in urban and regional planning.
- A University degree is an asset but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a related role
- Strong AutoCAD and Design skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with the land development process including Site Plans, Area Structure Plans, Plan of Subdivision, and other planning applications.
- Member of, or eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians (CACPT).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Excellent financial compensation and benefit packages commensurate with experience.
- Benefit package includes corporate RRSP matching, prescription drug coverage, dental care, long term disability, life insurance, dependent life insurance, AD&D and Family Assistance.
- Exposure to varied and extensive project work with the potential for steep career growth
- Corporate training and advancement opportunities.
SE Design and Consulting Inc. is a growing mid-sized consulting firm that provides consulting, surveying and project management services for civil and municipal projects within the Cold Lake and Northeastern Alberta region. Candidates with less experience may be considered for alternate positions
Job Type: Full-time