Diesel Pump Mechanic / Millwright
Aquatech is a specialized supplier of portable industrial pumping equipment and systems including construction dewatering pumps, sewer bypass pumps, trash pumps and high-pressure pumps. Our diesel driven rotating equipment rental fleet is one of the largest in the country. We are looking for all levels (from first year apprentice up to red seal certification) of diesel mechanic experience!
We offer employees full product and technical training, excellent pay and benefit programs, as well as great opportunities for advancement.
- Perform preventative maintenance service and repair on equipment in shop and on construction sites.
- Respond to service calls as required, inclusive of some after-hour and weekend emergencies.
- Keep all equipment and vehicle fleet in good working order, in accordance with manufacturers spec, and in presentable condition as per SOPs.
- Diagnose simple mechanical equipment problems with customers remotely.
- Perform tasks through document management system, inclusive of, work orders, service reports, check lists, and equipment manuals.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment always.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience with similar equipment required.
- Electrical and instrumentation knowledge a very strong asset.
- Red seal approved in the following considered assets 310s, 310t, an asset
- Attention to detail and quality workmanship.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently and daily.
- Uninhibited ability to stand, walk, bend, squat, push, pull, reach and grasp.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid Class G Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- Class D considered an asset
- Forklift Certification preferred
- Ability to be on call and work out of town
- Must have a valid Canadian Passport or be a permanent resident of Canada having no restrictions on travel
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $26.00-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person