Quilakwa Investments is a subsidiary of Splatsin Development Corporation, an economic development corporation wholly owned by Splatsin, the southernmost tribe of the Secwepemc Nation. We operate Indigenous-owned businesses are a tourism and retail company based in Enderby, BC. Our foundation of approach is to support the economic independence of the Splatsin Nation, provide employment opportunities for the community, and offer top-notch service to patrons throughout the North Okanagan and Secwepemc Nation.
At Quilakwa Investments, we believe in work-life balance, growing rewarding careers, and the highest standards of practice.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Store Clerk will be responsible for customer service, cash management, Inventory management, site maintenance, and store merchandising.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
· A Store Clerk is required to complete the following duties and responsibilities, obtain, and maintain the required certifications, and assist in store operations, including but not limited to:
· Customer Service – Greet and assist all patrons, provide a positive experience for all.
· Cash Management – complete transactions on various POS systems, provide change, cash cheques, process electronic payments, complete Purchase Orders, etc.
· Inventory Management – stocking product, checking expiry dates, ordering, and receiving, blocking, and facing, conduct regular inventory counts, etc.
· Site Maintenance – Complete custodial duties, such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, beverage dispensers, counters, windows, etc.
· Store Merchandising – Ensure all shelves are stocked, create, and maintain displays, ensure price tags are displayed.
· Health & Safety – Attend regular H&S meetings, maintain necessary certifications, etc.
· Teamwork – Attend regular Staff meetings, cooperate with co-workers.
· Sale of Age-Restricted products – Tobacco, Lottery, Fireworks.
· Qualifications and Requirements
· Must have the ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
· High-energy team player who demonstrates good judgment and takes initiative.
If you are a reliable, team player that enjoys a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to share your skills and talents, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume &cover letter or drop by the store and hand in a resume to another cashier, or the store manager!
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $15.20-$16.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
All provincial protocols are in place for COVID-19