DEPUTY CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Deputy Construction Manager and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Edmonton.
As a Deputy Construction Manager, you will Assist the Construction Manager with management of all interfaces between the BT Systems Scope of Work and all the systems, structures and equipment as provided by the DBJV Civil Scope of Work to ensure successful integration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Directly manage a project team including project administrators, schedulers, administrative support personnel and project controllers to ensure the execution of the project is on time and within budget;
- Monitor, recommend, and initiate when necessary, changes to or corrective actions for commercial issues, product design, manufacturing and/or services to assure compliance with contract requirements, and to maintain or improve project performance;
- Establish and maintain partner interfaces to achieve the goals of the joint venture and system end user. To the fullest extent possible, anticipate and satisfy the partner and end-user needs, while operating within established policies, procedures and commercial guidelines.
- Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering preferred;
- Five (5) years of technical/engineering in a relevant position;
- Knowledge of and experience with risk and opportunity assessment tools and in cost recovery management;
- Experience and knowledge of Project Management skills, including processes and procedures, customer interface, schedule management, scope management, commercial management, personnel administration, and negotiation;
- Experience reading and understanding construction drawings;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interface internal and external customers, including technicians, engineers and middle / senior management.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
31.08.2020, 9:23:22 PM
14.09.2020, 11:59:00 PM