About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 50 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
As a Buying & Merchandise Support Associate, you will interact on a daily basis with Stores, Buying Teams and Vendors to help maintain the smooth functioning of several buying operations. As a member of this specialized team, you will be exposed to many different areas of the business and be given the opportunity to make an important and meaningful contribution to company results. Your strong attention to detail will ensure our SKU database remains accurate and help stores operate efficiently. Your superior communication, customer service and problem solving skills will enable you to interact productively with all levels of the organization, as well as with our customers to preserve and enhance overall satisfaction.
- Entering product information into the SKU file system;
- Coordinating with Stores and Buying Teams to address and resolve system problems;
- Monitoring integrity of our product file database and related applications, such as Return Sheets, Ad events and Purchase Orders;
- Coordinating product recalls with Buyers, Stores and Vendors;
- Responding and resolving customer feedback incidents to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time retail or customer service experience in a Call Centre, restaurant, or other service industries;
- Extremely strong attention to detail with a proven track record of data entry accuracy;
- Enjoys problem solving;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Thrives working in a fast-pace environment;
- Ability to learn new applications;
- Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team setting;
- Bilingualism (EN & FR), is an asset.