Are you passionate about providing the best administrative support to patients? Does working in a small rural hospital and supporting the delivery of care to members of the surrounding community appeal to you? West Haldimand General Hospital is located in the beautiful town of Hagersville, and is a scenic half hour drive to Simcoe, Brantford and Hamilton. If working to make a difference for patients’ appeals to you, then we would love to hear from you. We currently have a vacancy for 1 Ward Clerk in our Inpatient Unit and 1 Ward Clerk in our Emergency Department.
1. Act as a receptionist for the nursing units and as a contact person for patient and family inquiries.
2. Coordinate internal and external communication; acts as a liaison for other departments, community agencies, referral sources and other healthcare team members.
3. Process all laboratory, x-ray, etc. requisitions.
4. Transcribe and communicates doctor’s orders and reports.
5. Schedule patient procedures, appointments, consultations and cancellations
6. Responsible for maintaining departmental files, retrieval of records / charts for transfers and appointments.
7. Scheduling staff as directed by the Clinical Director/Manager.
8. Clerical duties including photocopying, filing, booking medical procedures, distributing departmental mail, etc.
9. Monitor, order and stock departmental supplies as needed.
10. Provide coverage to switchboard.
1. Minimum Grade 12 education. Medical Office Administration Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum Level One Medical Terminology.
2. Minimum of one (1) year comparable clerical/administrative experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in an outpatient/ambulatory clinic environment.
3. Proficient in Windows 7, Word, Excel, Outlook, Meditech, Clinical Connect and Community Wide Scheduling.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with other members of the healthcare team, patients, family members and visitors.
5. Excellent client-service and interpersonal skills that contribute to a respectful and caring environment.
6. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient/departmental needs.
7. Ability to accept assignments, delegation, requests and follow instructions.
8. Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.76 to $22.68 /hour
- Medical Terminology Course: 1 year (Required)