OPIsystems Inc. is currently seeking an experienced, Production Manager to oversee the planning, production, and quality control of manufactured product to meet the sales demand at OPIsystems Inc. The Production Manager will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will also work closely with our sales team. This position is located in Calgary, Alberta.
What We Are Looking For:
The Production Manager is responsible for managing the production scheduling and output, personnel and equipment, and supply chain management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
o Develop and maintain inventory control processes for Raw Materials, WIP, and Finished Goods
o Provide accurate visibility and reporting on inventory using demand planning tools
o Coordinate with Sales and Supply Chain to forecast inventory needs
Production Scheduling and Planning
o Develop and execute production plans that meet the needs of OPI’s distribution partners, including: Built-to-Order, Pre-Built Stock, RMA replacement, Seasonal Programs, and Rush Orders
o Work with production staff to ensure orders are shipped accurately, and on-time
o Develop reports, metrics, and lead times to track orders through the order-to-completion cycle
o Work within the NetSuite ERP tool to improve the planning and scheduling process
Equipment Scheduling & Maintenance
o Schedule all machine time to accommodate the necessary production runs according to the production schedule
o Responsible for all equipment maintenance and equipment being monitored for long term overhaul processes
o Reschedule machines in the event of machine downtime to meet production schedule
o Review work instructions, test procedures, and test documentation to ensure that production staff, and suppliers are working with the most up-to-date information
o Identify and address gaps in the production process where quality can be improved
o Develop, implement, and monitor process to improve and maintain quality, where necessary
o Document and present quality control data to the product development team to drive continuous improvement
Manage Production Resources
o Manage and mentor production staff to maximize output and maintain a high employee net promoter score (eNPS)
o Work closely with the Human Resources Manager to plan resource needs, vacation schedules, and HR policies that pertain to production staff
o Work with cross-functional teams to introduce new product lines, improved processes, and present important production data
Who YOU are:
- Post-secondary experience in a related discipline such as Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business
- 6-sigma, lean, or TCM certification is an asset.
- 8+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment; 5+ years supervisory experience
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment an asset
- Proven team leader; ability to maximize employee and customer satisfaction with strong references;
- Supply chain experience, including working with contract manufacturing suppliers, contract negotiations, and global sourcing
- Proven experience in managing or facilitating demand planning, forecasting, and production scheduling activities
- Experience with quality management programs
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to easily use MS Office suite; various email, internet, intranet, and other programs
- Excellent English communications skills, oral and written; ability to successfully handle social as well as business interactions with all levels of customers’ personnel; diplomacy skills
- Experience with an ERP/MRP or similar demand planning tool a must; NetSuite experience an asset
- Experience within Agriculture is a great asset to us.
Salary to be negotiated based on skills and experience. If you feel you are the professional team player we are looking for, please forward your resume and cover letter to Michelle Kimber, HR Manager: HR@opisystems.com.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.