Our Quirk Creek Gas Plant has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Sour Gas Plant Operator with a minimum of a Third Class Steam Certificate. We are looking for a highly motivated individual that excels in a fast paced, team environment.
Our Quirk Creek facility is located 10 kms west of community of Millarville and 50 kms SW of Calgary or 45 kms from Okotoks.
Responsibilities and Duties
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring process conditions in the following areas: superheated steam production, glycol dehydration, propane refrigeration, condensate stabilization, LPG lean oil fractionation, amine sweetening, sulphur plant operation and sour gas reciprocating compression.
- Adjusting process variables to suit changing conditions and perform minor maintenance.
- Following all health and safety procedures and maintaining good housekeeping standards while maximizing production.
- Providing effective team leadership (positive mentoring and coaching) of other employees.
- Finding creative solutions and effective problem solving of issues that arise within the plant environment (i.e. ongoing inspection of plant equipment, troubleshooting, repairing deficiencies, and recommending changes to current practices).
- Continuing to learn new skills and tasks, and openly accepting and providing feedback.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of a Third Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Preference to candidates with progression towards a Second Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Preference to candidates with sour gas plant operating experience.
- Extensive knowledge of sour gas plant equipment and experience using Delta-V DCS with PLC interphase and SCADA would be considered an asset
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong analytical troubleshooting skills and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Experience with team leadership and peer coaching/development is also required. This position will require working shifts as assigned and providing on-call support.
Caledonian Midstream offers a rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, benefits program and paid vacation.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Gas Plant: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)