Imagine Therapeutic Services is seeking Drive In/Drive Out contractors to travel to the Sudbury area to work 3-4 24 hour shifts in our homes. Imagine will compensate contractors $440.00 per 24 hour shift, as well as reimbursing gas money to and from Sudbury.
Imagine will pay Drive In/Drive Out contractors via e-transfer within 24 hours of their rotation ending.
Imagine Therapeutic Services is seeking individuals responsible for ensuring day to day support in a residential setting, which is provided to individuals with dual diagnosis/developmental disabilities by enhancing their quality of life and meeting the values and expectations of Imagine Therapeutic Services.
As a Direct Support Worker, you will responsible for maximizing health, safety and personal fulfillment of Adults with dual diagnosis and developmental disabilities.
- Assist clients to find a satisfying and purposeful place in the community by enhancing their quality of life and promoting personal growth
- Foster community inclusion, assist with activities of daily living and may also assist with aspects of personal care
- Be familiar with and consistent with the principals of Imagine Therapeutic Services; Mission, Vision and Core values
- To empower and care about our resident’s success
- Teaching life skills that will be useful in the clients life. (cooking, cleaning, hygiene)
- To provide appropriate supports to ensure the health and safety of the people supported and ensure compliance to policies and procedures
- To manage difficult behaviors with the support of co-workers and a clinical team
- Required Qualifications:
- Applied Behavior Analysis Diploma
- Completion of Human Services Diploma (DSW, CYW, SSW) from a recognized Community College, Applied Behavioral Analysis Diploma, RPN, or University and 2 years of related experience
- Up to date First Aid training
- Training in CPI (willing to train)
- An acceptable criminal background check including a vulnerable sector check
- A strong understanding of mental health and appropriate therapeutic responses is an extremely valuable asset
- Computer proficiency, polished administrative skills and professional communication skills are required
- Valid drivers license with clean drivers abstract
COMPETITIVE WAGES OFFERED
*Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter.*
We thank all applicants for their interest, those selected to participate in the selection process will only be contacted if appropriate qualifications are met. Accommodation in accordance with applicable legislation will be provided for all employment related activities. Imagine Therapeutic Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Expected start date: 2020-11-01
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $440.00 per day