Full Time - Planning Associate - Markham, ON - 2020
Are you interested in a full time opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing or have recently completed an undergraduate (BS) and/or graduate (MS) degree to apply for full time opportunities at our sites across the US. Through these roles you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in engineering for a HealthTech company.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Opportunity to start your career in the heart of sales operations and analytics. This role will provide an opportunity to learn how sales works, and get hands-on experience working with customers in a CPG environment. Your analytic capabilities will be challenged with varying tasks and projects that are critical to the sales function at Philips.
- This position reports into Category Development & Customer Demand Planning and works within a team alongside Sales, Marketing, and Supply/Operations.
- Responsible for analyzing, understanding, and explaining data and trends that will help improve business results, develop and deliver opportunities, and build future strategies. The ideal candidate will be able to proactively identify business opportunities and issues and will be very comfortable working with numbers/data & communicating with customers.
- Key responsibility will be working with Sales and Operations to support the forecasting process and drive demand optimization. This will include: collaboration with Sales/Account Managers, country Demand Planners, and Supply/Operations; external customer collaboration (drive sales, communicate changes, adjust forecasts); drive daily continuous calibration with the customer; using forecasting tools & models/JDA Entry; weekly POS reporting; monthly & annual forecast review & collaboration; adhoc analysis & account support.
- Additional projects may include: automating reporting, scorecards, executive dashboards; daily management tracking & support; customer presentations; data deep dives; supply chain analytics; and inventory planning.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following skills and experience
- Strong analytics & problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate has 0-1 years experience (New or recent grad) in sales, sales operations, category development, forecasting, business or demand planning/analysis preferably with a major CPG company or retailer (Loblaws, Walmart, Costco, Amazon, Canadian Tire, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, retail operations or related field
- Experience or knowledge of JDA, Nielsen, NPD, retailer specific data (RetailLink, TopShelf, Toolbox, Amazon), CPG & Retail insights (Field Agent, Kantar, EuroMonitor, MarketTrack).
- Advanced ability with Excel and database reporting. Strong math skills with demonstrated ability to think both analytically and creatively.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a cross functional environment. Comfortable presenting & explaining complex data.
- High energy and drive to succeed
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)