REGULAR PART TIME (RPT) OPPORTUNITY
Jr. Technologist B – Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
Department: School of Health Sciences
Competition #: 23-PTSS-28
Campus: South - Windsor
Classification: Jr. Technologist B
Posting Type: Internal/External
Hourly Wage: $25.51
Status: Regular Part Time
Less than 12 months
Hours per Week: 3 Hours
Position Test: No
Clerical Test: No
Weekly Schedule: As Needed
Start Date: Monday January 8th, 2024
Closing Date: Thursday September 28th at 4:30pm
Reporting to the Chair of the School of Health Sciences, the Junior Technologist B provides Lab supervision and direction to the students enrolled in the Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography Program. This includes assisting students with understanding the course curriculum and in-process assessments required during lab hours.
Summary of Duties:
Based on the syllabus and previously taught theory, the technologist completes the following duties:
- Designs and/or develops equipment, systems, facilities, materials, etc. to meet user output requirements;
- Plans, organizes and conducts experiments and demonstrations explaining correct procedures and theoretical principles involved;
- Evaluates equipment and other resources and makes recommendations prior to purchase;
- Controls supply inventories and budgets;
- May assist in student evaluations in relation to learning activities in which the Technologist B takes part.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 6 months clinical experience.
In order to be considered, internal applicants must be in good standing as defined in the College’s Recruitment & Selection Policy.
TRAINING/TECHNICAL SKILLS: Advanced Diploma - Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Registered under
Sonography Canada and College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario (CMRITO)As our ideal candidate,
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- You will have a high degree of multi-tasking and time management capabilities;
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service;
- You are able to think fast and problem solve where appropriate;
- You will be proficient in MS Office.
Please forward your resume quoting the competition # by online application at https://www.stclaircollege.ca/careers/apply. This link includes those who have worked for the College within 1 year of this posting. Resumes must be received prior to the closing date and time.
All active internal applicants MUST apply through the St. Clair College online application system:
St. Clair College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 3 per week
Salary: $25.51 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Windsor, ON N9G 3C3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-28
Expected start date: 2024-01-08