Join our dynamic, growing team committed to providing the Niagara Region with excellence in medical and surgical eye care. Niagara Eye Care Centre (NECC) is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, high functioning, patient care centred and team oriented individual for full-time work in a very busy ophthalmology clinic housing several full-time surgical practices.
Experience in health care, medical administration is required. Candidates with experience in ophthalmology is preferred.
We are looking for a detail oriented, organized and polished individual with a bright, caring and outgoing professional personality. The right fit is someone kind, team-oriented, always looking to help patients and colleagues and enjoys multi-tasking. The successful candidate will be available full-time and have a flexible availability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting in virtually all aspects of the patient visit, from arrival to departure
- Receiving and checking in patients for appointments, booking follow ups, confirming upcoming or rescheduled appointments
- Keeping tight control over daily scheduling and managing the schedule for physicians
- Answering phone calls and handling issues with efficiency, kindness and professionalism - not limited to patient concerns, physician calls, urgent issues etc and liaseing with colleagues, managers or physicians as appropriate
- Sorting incoming faxes and mail, preparing outgoing faxes and mail, preparing forms, taking payment, photocopying, computer entry, scanning and filing and other administrative duties
- Keeping track and following up on outstanding referrals (incoming/outgoing), labs, results and communications related to patient and professional matters
- Maintenance and upkeep of office equipment and examination lanes; opening and closing clinic
- Opening and closing of the clinic
Qualifications and Skills
- Certification and/or experience as an medical office assistant or receptionist is required
- Previous experience in any health care and patient care setting is an asset
- A demonstrated ability to think and work independently in a detail oriented fashion
- A desire to interact compassionately with a very wide variety of patients who have diverse needs
- Ability to multitask and work in a busy environment with distractions
- Proficiency in the use of computers
- A willingness to learn the use of new technologies
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills
HOURLY RATE IS COMPETITIVE AND WILL COMMENSURATE WITH SKILL SET AND EXPERIENCE
Job Type: Full-time
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative: 3 years (Required)