Infra Pipe is currently seeking talented and qualified candidates, to work as Process Operators/Technicians in our Saskatoon, SK Production Department (full time). Must be willing to work 12-hour continental shifts. The primary responsibility is to operate and monitor production lines, obtaining target production yield. This is a great opportunity to gain knowledge of the HDPE industry for career growth with the company.
MAIN TASKS ARE:
- Post-secondary diploma or trade certificate required,
- Experience in plastic extrusion, thermoforming or injection moulding preferred,
- Direct experience with various production and set up tools,
- Minimum 3 years previous “hands-on” experience working as a machine operator/technician, preferably in a plastics environment,
- Be flexible to work 12-hour continental shifts as required, rotating through days and nights,
- Excellent computer skills and sound knowledge of MS Office. Experience utilizing a fully integrated ERP system an asset.
- Take a leading role in the start-up of all specific product lines and subsequently manage all aspects of the production process from raw materials to packaging finished parts,
- Actively participate in all Health & Safety training and promote a safe work environment;
- Controlling the production process by inspecting, counting/measuring quantities /lengths and checking product and machine conditions accurately ensuring adherence to standards including use of measurement equipment,
- Troubleshoot production line, analyze machine and process problems, identify issues and implement solutions in a timely manner minimizing downtime and scrap,
- Demonstrate a passion for teamwork and learning in all interactions with other employees; assist in training others,
- Participate in all 5-S and Lean Manufacturing initiatives, as promoted by Infra Pipe,
- Conduct all work according to established Infra Pipe procedures, policies and standards.
- Competitive salary, relevant experience taken into consideration;
- Strong health & safety programs;
- Generous company-paid health & dental benefits, including a healthcare spending account;
- Annual fitness allowance;
- Generous company pension match up to 5% of salary;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Opportunities for career advancement.