We're an Alberta-based tech startup solving problems in the health and safety industry.
Remote (Canada) OK - Calgary/Edmonton/Vancouver/Toronto preferred.
InUnison is a health and safety SaaS platform dedicated to making the world a safer place to work. InUnison makes an organization's health and safety program and resources more accessible to all workers.
As a back end developer on our small engineering team, you’ll have have the opportunity to make a real impact on the future of our product, and will be be working on some of the core technical challenges at the company.
InUnison team values continuous learning, teamwork, and trust, in a no-ego and transparent environment. We’re looking for people who are interested in working in a startup environment, take pride in their work, and are always willing to express their opinion.
InUnison has digitized the health and safety program and can dynamically create one for any organization in any industry, as well as make it available through their computer or mobile device. InUnison also manages health and safety events such as safety meetings and injuries, and their associated workflows and corrective actions, guiding clients to a safer workplace.
Take a look at our website to learn more!
Our Tech Stack
- Our back end is Kotlin microservices running on GCP Kubernetes (GKE), using primarily Postgres databases. We're beginning to incorporate serverless and pub/sub as we grow.
- Front end is 100% React/Redux, using Flow.
- We continuously evaluate new technologies and are open to using the best tools available.
We expect you to work with other engineers, your team lead, and directly with our CTO, as well as to contribute to software discussions. Of course, you’ll be writing a lot of code, so we expect your work to be thoughtful, maintainable, and tested. Never be afraid to ask questions.
- You will be involved in architectural and design discussions.
- You will be working on existing microservices (don’t worry - not with legacy code!) and helping to create new ones.
- You will be working on our APIs.
- You will be working as an individual contributor, but in a team environment. Strong communication skills are very important.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent technical training.
- 2+ years of past work experience and/or project involvement.
- Experience with Kotlin or a similar language (e.g. Swift, ES6 with a type system, Java to some extent), or an ability to learn quickly.
- Familiar with SQL (we use Postgres) and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with REST APIs.
- Experience with the JVM is an asset (e.g. Kotlin / Scala / Java experience).
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or GCP is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment (shipping code daily) and take ownership for your work.
- Strong communication skills.
The successful candidate will demonstrate his or her programming competence either through past work or the interview, his or her passion for working in small teams on new projects, and his or her strong communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits Information
- Pay can include both a cash component and an equity component, scaled according to your demonstrated ability and commitment, and weighted in line with what you’re looking for.
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off.
- Health & dental plan.
- Ability to work from home or remotely.
- Company social events and conferences.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- back end software development: 2 years (Preferred)
- software development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Kotlin: 1 year (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Preferred)
- English (Required)