Reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor, the Buyer position is responsible for the procurement of sealed units to ensure flow meets production requirements. Additional duties include best practice & communication methods for re-orders, quality rejects & glass arrival times which are most cost favorable for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining relationships with internal customers. This dynamic position will coordinate his/her efforts with Operations – from Receiving to Shipping to ensure seamless execution and customer focus.
- Two years of post-secondary education
- Formal operations and purchasing training or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in an operations or purchasing role
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of Baan considered an asset
- Window and Door experience considered an asset
- Ability to promote communication and positive working relationships.
- Use the Vision, Mission & Values as the guiding principles, incorporating them into daily operations.
- Achieve departmental and divisional objectives; to support company goals.
- Procure all components for the assigned commodity
- Anticipate internal and external customer requirements, making recommendations and implementing improvements.
- Work closely with Glass Receiving pertaining to glass delivery /back order report and develop best communication practices
- Work closely with Cardinal’s shipping team for timely delivery of board and re-order glass
- Sealed unit re-orders
- Liaise with key departments pertaining to Expedite requests
- Review common trends with Quality defects and propose improvement solutions
- Manage vendors for performance and quality through Supplier Score Card
- Work closely with Quality on SCAR communication and NCF collection
- Coordinate meetings with vendor for scorecard review and action register follow up
- Update production report, i.e. past due MPC
- Document and update description of procedures, and standard work as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Represent Purchasing with Service initiatives pertaining to sealed units
- Ensure all purchase orders/EDI files are delivered as per the board schedules.
- Liaise with Accounting on resolve of invoicing issues.
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended to support efficient company operations
- Other activities and functions as assigned by the Purchasing Supervisor and Manager
- Negotiate pricing and terms with certain suppliers
- Accept or reject material based on quality
- Refuse unsafe work.
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 2 years (Required)