Northern Lights Fitness is looking for a General Labourer for our Evening shift.
Work hours are Monday to Thursday from 4:00PM to 2:30AM (10 hour shifts).
The job is 50% "parts inspection", which is examining various metal parts ranging in weight between 5lbs and 25lbs, scraping metal "spatter" from the welding process off, checking for rust and sanding it off and then checking for dents. Each part should take less than 2-3 minutes each. It is very repetitive.
The other 50% of the time is working on the paint line, pre-assembling components of fitness equipment before they get packed into a box for shipment. This is also repetitive - adding in 2" plastic ends caps, inserting pop pins and applying stickers over and over again.
The successful candidate will be:
- Will follow ALL Covid-19 Hazard Prevention Plan procedures including proper sanitation and social distancing
- Comfortable performing repetitive tasks such as scraping and sanding
- Able to use simple power tools such as a palm sander or grinder
- Have good attention to detail
- Comfortable standing for extended periods of time
- Able to work independently with minimal talking
- Punctual and have a good attendance record
- Able to lift 45lb
- Will have included a brief description of why they believe they would be a good fit for this position in the Cover Letter section of their Indeed application to this position
- Has completed the "Workplace Safety" survey
What we provide:
- Training specific to our equipment quality standards – proper welds, etc…
- Growing work environment
- $16.40/hour (includes Attendance Bonus of +$1/hr and $1.40/hr Work Incentive for COVID-19)
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year
- Medical benefits (LTD, medical, prescription drugs, excludes dental – after 6 months)
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan (after 1 year)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.40 to $17.50 /hour
- Casual Dress
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Production or Construction : 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)