St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC in the role of Proofreader!
You have an eagle eye that can spot an error from miles away. Spelling? Check. The right font and point size? Check, check. Client changes? Definitely check.
As a Proofreader, you read everything. Literally. Nothing escapes your eye, and red pen. You strive for the utmost accuracy in everything you do, from correcting spelling errors to spotting non-compliant specs. In a nutshell, you help ensure media pages are correct and adhere to the quality standards and requirements of our internal teams and external clients.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will
- Proofread all pages moving through the quality checking process and ensure page designers have implemented corrections
- Mark up obvious errors (copy, graphics, images, etc.) and ensure that all pages adhere to style guidelines
- Ensure images to related copy blocks on the printed page correspond
- Compare all final PDF files from the imaging department to the final corrected pages submitted from the proofreading department to ensure that they match and images or copy have not dropped off
And a bit about yourself?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an English or related program, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar capacity (preferably retail-oriented proofreading)
- Strong working knowledge of Mac OSX operating system and Adobe software (InDesign, Acrobat Pro) and Microsoft Office
- Extremely detail-oriented, accurate, efficient and organized
- Excellent professional interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills and astute with e-communication
- Superior time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work according to deadlines
- Willingness to see projects through to the end and be accountable
- Ability to identify problems and suggest potential solutions
- Quality focused
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award peer-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
Values & Guiding Principles:
These key values are inherent to SJC’s success: innovation, respect, passion, customer focus, proactiveness and accountability. They also guide our everyday behavior and motivate us to exceed client expectations in all that we do.
Please forward your resume to the email address and indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time