We are pleased to announce that we are hiring for the position of a Entry Level Litigation Legal Assistant/ Reception Coverage to join our practice in Calgary. We are looking for an energetic, conscientious professional, who can multi-task to meet tight deadlines. This person must have the ability to work independently while ensuring tasks are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. This role requires someone with a can-do attitude and a strong interest to grow with our team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
· Be the first point of contact for potential clients, existing clients, vendors, and couriers.
· Book and facilitate meetings and maintain multiple calendars.
· Administrative duties such as filing, scanning, opening and closing physical files, preparing accounts, managing electronic and physical legal files.
· Draft documents and correspondence.
· Prepare and file court forms/documents.
· Prepare and update pleadings binders.
· Review files and determine next steps.
· Communicate professionally with opposing counsel.
· Occasional dictation and transcription.
· Telephone calls and email correspondence to/from clients.
· Ordering and maintaining supplies for the office.
· Collect, distribute, and send mail through Canada Post.
· Be an integral part of the daily operations of the firm.
· Completed Grade 12, or equivalent, from an approved educational institution.
· Completed the Legal Assistant program from an approved educational institution.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word.
· Ability to assess and balance multiple tasks with different priority levels with a high attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently while also being able to support a team.
· Ability to provide excellent client service.
· Above average attention to detail.
Salary is based on experience and weekly hours worked.
If you are interested in joining the team at DD West LLP, please forward your resume and cover letter.
DD West LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and or agencies please.
“Good law firms will meet the needs of their clients: Great law firms will create opportunities for their clients.”
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$45,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person