Title: Financial Analyst
Immediate Supervisor: Plant Controller
Position Purpose: Owner of continuous plant financial analysis using facts, data and financial analysis tools to ensure plant profitability is constantly being maximized.
- Set up and maintain the integrity of cost accounting models.
- Valuation of inventory.
- Monitoring of cycle count activities to ensure compliance with Corporate Inventory policies and procedures.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assistance with the preparation of plant financial statements, variance reporting and understanding. Complete financial analysis using plant data and have a strong understanding of how data translates to overall plant performance.
- Coordination and completion of annual audits.
- Reviewing and maintaining internal controls and related documents.
- Assistance in the annual budget process and year end audit, as required.
- Prepare product costing, monthly profitability and waste reports and ad hoc cost analysis, as required.
- Assume additional related responsibilities, as required.
Essential Skills and Experience
· University bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA-CMA or CA preferred, or currently working on certification.
- Experience in Cost Analysis and Inventory financial controls.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Experience in Shop Floor and Management Execution Systems (MES)
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multi-tasking and manage priorities on a daily basis.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and think “big picture.”
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19