The Senior Accountant for Nortrax Canada Inc., provides financial guidance and support to Nortrax’s internal and external customers. The primary purpose of this role is to assist with the monthly reporting requirements to stakeholders. The incumbent is directly responsible for the full cycle of all accounting process including but not limited to reconciliations, month-end and monthly reporting and execution of all formal finance. Coordinating, preparing and analyzing financial information and reports that provide summary information for management use in making business decisions.
MAJOR DUTIES: * May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.*
- Prepare and review monthly working papers and reconciliations;
- Supervise and/or conduct month-end processes;
- Develop and prepare monthly financial reports for management;
- Prepare monthly financial analyses, schedules, and other actual and forecast financial reporting;
- Monitor and test various internal controls and other compliance issues;
- Assist the CFO and controllers as requested from time to time on accounting and finance issues; and
- Provide vacation coverage for corporate accounting and administrative staff as reasonably assigned.
- Ensure compliance with Nortrax Health and Safety Policies and Procedures as defined by the Human Resources Department and articulated in the Health and Safety Manual as well as provincial legislation.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability to frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to work and meet deadlines without supervision;
- Ability to exhibit discretion in handling confidential / sensitive information.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in an Accounting/Finance discipline or equivalent experience
- CPA designation or nearing completion of CPA designation
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)