1685 Tech Ave, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 0A7
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Specialty Health Network (or SHN, as we call ourselves) is a growing division of Shoppers Drug Mart, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. We pride ourselves in having an awesome work culture and fun environment! We offer competitive salaries, a great benefit package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans, Employee share ownership plan, professional training and development and many more perks!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
The Project Manager provides a consistent, effective operating structure for projects through sound project management methodology, effective project resource allocation, and project performance reporting.
Nature and Scope
The Project Manager is responsible to manage the activities of all business sponsored internal and external projects ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget, and within scope.
What you will do:
What you will need:
- Responsible for managing one complex or multiple less complex projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management and customers
- Leads a cross-functional project team in executing assigned tasks and coordinating effort of internal and external project team members
- Ensures that project team members complete tasks and deliverables on time and within budget, and that the project delivers promised business functionality
- Work with Subject Matter Experts from key functional areas (e.g. Legal, Operations, Clinical, Finance, etc.) to understand potential project impact on the organization, align project work, and execute activities accordingly
- Develops and manages all key project governance documents, such as the Integrated Project Plan, Communications Plan, and Risk Mitigation Plan
- Manages to the project budget, and reports project cost information in an accurate and timely manner
- Manages the effective utilization of resources assigned to the project team, and proactively communicates resource capacity and shortages
- Coordinates utilization of subject matter experts in the business segment to assist in the identification, validation, and resolution of business system needs
- Acts as the liaison between project team members, Program Manager and/or the Business Manager
- Proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective action, and monitors issue resolution to mitigate risks
- Conducts team and individual end-of-project performance reviews and lessons learned
- Report all Adverse Events (AE) and Product Technical Complaints (PTC) immediately or as soon as possible upon becoming aware of the event as per current policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven project management experience
- PMP professional designation preferred
- Possession of excellent skills in assessment, communication, critical thinking and decision making
- Knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement processes an asset
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct, lead and manage effective meetings
- Demonstrated leadership and a proven ability to influence decision makers at all levels within the
- MS Office suite including Outlook, Visio, Word, Excel, Project
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.