Premier Heating & Cooling is a fast growing HVAC company which has an immediate opening for a full time operations manager.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- -Manage, provide technical leadership and oversee the operations of new installations of HVAC systems on multiple housing developments across Southwestern Ontario.
- -Work with technicians to guide, direct and support employees in the execution of their daily work, setting appropriate priorities to ensue timelines and customer satisfaction are met.
- - Oversee technical staff, ensuring personnel are properly trained, certified and are following documented procedures including the operation, setup, changeover or repairing of HVAC equipment.
- -Ensure that the proper levels of supplies and spare parts are maintained; order special parts as necessary and control inventory levels.
- - Effectively manage employee performance utilizing appropriate processes, including establishing objectives, coaching, mentoring, and corrective disciplinary action
- -Ensure safety is made a priority and that employees and mangers are abiding by all health and safety regulations. Ensure that all compliance procedures are in place and all safety procedures are followed.
- -Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- - Develop and implement new business strategies for creating and improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance.
- - Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders; facilitates resolution to issues/problems.
- - Monitor financial performance to ensure meeting and exceeding budgetary commitments.
- - Develop and implement key performance indicators for department.
- - Develop and implement strategies around improving performance.
- -Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with vendors and other third parties to understand challenges and opportunities.
- -Perform all other duties as required.
- - Post-secondary diploma or degree in a technical field preferred.
- - Previous management experience in a technical environment with proven leadership abilities.
- - Minimum 5 years of experience in the HVAC, heating and cooling industry.
- - Following licenses are an asset; refrigeration, gas (G2); sheet metal.
- -Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- - Business Acumen
- - Ability to attend and conduct meetings
- -Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- - Extremely organized
- - Overtime as required
- - Compensation is salary based
- - Benefits offered after probationary period
- - Pension plan with up to 3% match after 1 year of employment
- Dental care
- Company pension
- Extended health care
Reference ID: PHC-2019-OPS
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- operations management: 1 year (Preferred)