JOB DESCRIPTION - ENTRY LEVEL POSITION, NEW IT GRADS WELCOME
At Just Fix It, our mission is to provide the best option for technical support to all size business. We accomplish this by servicing our clients through long-term relationships and accountability.
We are looking for dynamic people with a track record of superior technical support and a solid customer service attitude that will “fit” with our customers and become a key member of both their team and ours.
Our Client Services Team has a wide range of responsibilities. From Junior Help Desk Technician to Network Administrator, they work as a team to provide excellent support for both the IT Infrastructures of our clients and our internal systems.
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS FOR THE TEAM
- A solid customer service focus with experience providing support to remote users.
- Strong team ethic where team members both offer support and reach out for assistance to provide the best possible response for a client in distress.
- Ability to project a professional and positive image through excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability both use existing documentation to resolve problems and to create clear new procedure.
- Ability to recognize trends in problems and recommend proactive changes
- Solid professional behavior that respects confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to identify when clients can benefit from a new or different technical service.
- Ability to travel to client sites when required to respond to an onsite support and set ups or to participate in a project installing new tools and solutions.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a reliable working vehicle.
REQUIRED HARD SKILLS FOR THE TEAM
A level 1 technician’s skill-set includes but is not limited to the following:
- Basic software install and uninstall on a local workstation
- Basic software configuration such as Outlook
- Operating system errors such as blue screens and crashing programs
- Virus/Malware scans and clean up
- General workstation clean ups and tune ups (defrag, temp file deletion etc.)
- Processing windows and other program updates on local workstations
- Operating System Reloads and system configurations
- Hardware and peripheral installs
- Printer management and troubleshooting
- Driver updates and troubleshooting
- New system set-ups
- Basic network trouble shooting (connectivity issues in a simple environment)
- A simple environment consists of an environment with a single server and basic router
- General workstation connectivity issues
- Co-ordinate with support team for escalations of unresolved issues
- Daily maintenance routines such as log review, backup confirmation
A level 1 technician’s skill-set should also include but not be limited to the following basic server administration tasks:
- Basic AD (Active Directory) Administration
- Device Reset passwords
- Email configuration in outlook for connecting to exchange servers
- Basic Exchange Administration
- Add/remove user accounts/mailboxes
- Set-up forwarding
- Administration of multiple email addresses
- Experience with Office 365
- Working with email forwarding within exchange
- Basic Server Support
- Generating activations
- Updating non-essential software packages (logmein, java, runtimes, etc.)
- Basic software installs (labtech, adobe, server monitor, runtimes, etc.)
We are offering a starting wage of $14-$18 per hour depending on skill set.
Part-time hours: 15-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00-$18.00 per hour
- on phone customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer support: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers Licences and working vehicle? (required)