Raymond James Ltd. is seeking an IT Service Desk Associate for their Toronto office.
Raymond James Ltd. is Canada’s leading independent investment dealer offering high quality investment products and services to Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Under the direction of the Service Desk Manager and Team Lead, the IT Service Desk Associate is an individual with a demonstrated ability to multitask and take ownership of their work in a team environment while providing superior customer service and support for technology related issues.
Our Service Desk provides support by phone or onsite across geographically distributed locations for Raymond James corporate locations, financial advisors and branches as well as independent agents and associates. Our Service Desk team strives to achieve high first call resolution rates. As such, the person joining our team should be technically inclined and have current technical hands on service and support experience.
Specifically you will:
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the various levels of an individual’s IT knowledge, and business title (including C-suite) throughout the organization while providing both desk side and remote support;
- Perform general troubleshooting for: Windows 10, MS Office (2016 and O365) and financial industry software applications;
- Provide first line support for all end-user computing devices including; HP printers, desktops, laptops and Microsoft Surface’s;
- Triage, resolve, route or escalate incidents and requests via ITSM ticketing system (ServiceNow);
- Ability to comprehend and accurately follow verbal and written technical instructions and scripts;
- Administer user accounts, network shares and print servers via Microsoft Active Directory;
- Ability to lift and move items such as boxed/unboxed printers and desktop/laptop computers, as well as monitors etc;
- Responsible for ongoing upkeep of an organised work environment in storage rooms and work areas;
- Support iOS and Android devices through mobile device management (MDM;);
- Flexible to work shifts between the hours of 7:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST), and participate in after-hours support rotation on evenings, weekends and holidays;
- Some local travel to provide onsite technical support and/or eyes assistance to network teams may be required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this opportunity you posses:
- Minimum 5 years’ hands-on experience deploying, and supporting computer hardware and software;
- CompTIA A+ or MCITP/MCSE or MCP Certification or equivalent hardware break-fix skillset; and
- ITIL v3.0 or higher (Foundations)Experience delivering exceptional customer service in a blended call center/on-site “Service Desk” role;
- Motivated self-starter who identifies and takes ownership of tasks through to completion;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple, sometimes competing priorities, according to business requirements;
- Current experience within banking, financial services, or brokerage industries is highly desirable;
- Networks skills related to TCP/IP and LAN/WAN;
- Familiarity using industry standard remote support tools; and
- Prior experience coaching/leading small team projects and initiatives considered an asset.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # 20-099 by October 2, 2020 to:
Raymond James Ltd.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.
Raymond James Ltd. recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and appreciates the unique skills and special contribution of each employee. We are committed to accessibility for candidates through all stages of the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $39,500.00-$77,950.00 per year