Join a Canadian success story still growing strong after 65 years. Stephenson’s Rental Services is a total solutions provider focused on the tool and equipment rental market. Our services help everyone from homeowners to independent contractors and major construction companies complete their projects on time and on budget. Our dedication to customer service and focus on continuous improvement has seen us flourish into one of the largest independent rental companies in Canada and we are excited about our future. We are proud of the great partnerships we form with our customers, our team members and vendor partners and the unique solutions we provide to Canadian businesses and home owners.
We are seeking a Supervisor (Job #20060) to help lead our business in Pickering, ON inside Lowe’s Home Improvement Centre.
- Competitive wages plus bonus opportunity.
- Attractive company paid benefit package after 3 months.
- Opportunity to participate in company matched retirement plan.
- Opportunity to participate in exciting discount programs.
- Full time 42.5 hours per week – shift schedules reflect Lowe’s business hours and include evenings and weekends.
- Uniform and boots allowance provided.
- Any required training provided.
- Opportunities to grow with us!
The Supervisor serves both as the leadership for the location and as a customer facing employee charged with selling products, taking orders, resolving customer issues and professionally representing Stephenson’s at all times. Reporting to a Branch Manager, this role provides coaching, training and development to the on-site staff while developing plans and strategies to grow the business. A majority of the time is spent providing exceptional sales and service to all existing and prospective customers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of Supervisory experience.
- 2 years experience in customer service, sales, home improvement, retail, and/or construction equipment.
- G-Class Driver’s License and clean abstract to be provided (within last 3 months).
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Health and Safety training is an asset (i.e. WHMIS, First Aid, etc)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with Axiom or similar software preferred.
- Provide Team Leadership to develop annual plans and strategies to grow the business.
- Drive traffic into the store by effectively executing promotions.
- Coordinate the daily activities of a team of Full-Time and Part-Time Sales Associates.
- Train, develop, coach, and engage employees.
- Administer all location reporting and communications including inventory, payroll, etc.
- Maximize each sales opportunity with every customer either in person or on the phone
- Conduct sales or cold calls to both existing and potential customers.
- Resolve issues that may escalate to a Supervisory level.
- Proactively monitor inventory levels and ensure the right equipment is available at the right times.
- Oversee the merchandising standards for the location.
- Maintain open lines of communication with key stakeholders to ensure successful partnerships and collaboration.
- Create plans to meet sales targets by providing team members individual targets.
- Adhere to and promote all Company Safety Policies
- Ensure the promotion of safe work practices to all staff, customers, suppliers and contractors
- Report any workplace hazards and help to eliminate them
- Use all personal protective equipment as required
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation
- Attend any training programs sponsored by the Company that relate directly to the Health and Safety of the position
- Other duties as assigned
We would like to thank all that apply! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and accommodations are available upon request.
Reference ID: 20060
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
To keep our staff as safe as possible, we have implemented social distancing markers and use of face masks, sanitizer, and gloves.