Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham Sudbury
Located 5 minutes' drive from downtown Sudbury and less than 0.6 mi from the Science North Center, this hotel offers an indoor pool and on-site restaurant.
The hotel has recently completed a fresh new look following a multi-million dollar refurbishment programme; with significant upgrades to the corridors, guest bedrooms, Perkins restaurant, and lobby.
The Hotel Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff Assist in managing day-to-day hotel operations by maximizing financial returns, driving the development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
Manage the food and beverage operations to ensure quality service and standards while delivering a guest experience that is unique.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the operations functions of the Hotel & Perkins Restaurant
- Creates local and national marketing plans and pricing strategies and knows market segments. Responds quickly to changing market conditions and revises strategies accordingly.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Protects the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Produces monthly financial reports and knows at all times where the hotel stands against budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactfull strategies
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment’s and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Management: 4 years (Required)