Sofina Foods has a proud history of growth. We began in 1995 with 60 employees after the acquisition of Vienna Meat Products.
Our unrivalled expertise in processing meats and ability to recognize growth opportunities across our family of brands has transformed our once modest food business into a national leader.
Today, our privately owned Canadian company has grown to become one of Canada’s top meat processors.
NOTE: This is a 6-month temporary position with the possibility of permanent employment. Flexibility to be on a Day or Afternoon Shift with possible Overtime as required.
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for the administration of plant production activities as they relate to Food Safety and quality. They will assure finished products meet customer requirements through adherence to specifications, GMP’s and HACCP procedures.
· Provide general administrative support to the Quality Assurance Department;
· Monitor all the areas in the plant for GMPs, SOPs, personal hygiene, product handling, HACCP requirements, raw material quality and in-process quality;
· Provide support and leadership for employees with respect to Food Safety and quality on the production floor;
· Monitor personal hygiene and product handling throughout the area;
· Monitor various products (raw materials, in process, or finished) for temperatures, storage, rotation, weights, shapes, tagging and other product specifications;
· Daily sign off of HACCP prerequisite and CP documentation;
· Assist with investigation of consumer /customer complaints and processing deviations;
· Train staff in GMP’s SOP’s as required.
· Post-Secondary education in a food related field of study, with previous experience in food industry strongly preferred;
· Knowledge of safe food handling, GMPs, Food plant sanitation, HACCP;
· Technical knowledge of aseptic laboratory techniques and knowledge of laboratory equipment;
· Computer literacy: intermediate level spreadsheets, word processing, and statistics;
· Strong analytical decision making, problem solving and organizational skills;
· Strong accuracy and mathematical ability;
· Keen observational skills and high attention to detail, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse workforce.
Sofina Foods Inc. is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
No phone calls please.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)