Position: Editor and Executive Producer
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Division: Financial Post
Postmedia is Canada leading media publication company and has been at the forefront of the digital space, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. With a team of award-winning journalists, innovative product developers, and talented digital marketing professionals, we strive to bring engaging content to millions of people every day whenever, wherever and however they want it. This exceptional breadth of content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling digital solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
The National Post is seeking a dynamic newsroom leader to helm the Financial Post.
The FP dates back more than 110 years. But that stature doesn't mean staid or slow. We're looking for an Editor and Executive Producer with a keen focus on the companies, characters and issues that will define the next generation of business leaders, and the nimbleness and creativity to tell their stories at the speed of change.
This masthead position will be responsible for:
- Developing FP content strategy aligned with Postmedia's broader business goals.
- Setting daily coverage priorities.
- Vetting and/or editing sensitive or high-profile content.
- Collaborating with sales and product teams at Postmedia on new initiatives (app development, video franchises, podcasts, events, etc.).
- Managing the performance of a team of editors, reporters and digital producers.
- Recruiting new columnists, freelancers and hires as needed.
- Overseeing allocated section budget.
- Building profile for FP at public events.
- At least three years' experience in a management role at a media organization, preferably with a focus on business.
- Excellent story sense and news judgment and an ability to allocate staff resources in a manner that best serves the FP audience and the needs of the business.
- Understanding of business development as it relates to the monetization of content verticals.
- Track record responding to digital performance metrics.
- Advanced leadership and people management skills.
- Collaborative mindset and track record with cross-functional teams.
- High degree of comfort in a fluid environment.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with a cover letter and resume by December 6, 2019.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- management: 3 years (Preferred)