With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 50 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the life cycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for a Corporate Safety Manager in Sherwood Park. The successful candidate must lead by example to foster our culture, must be familiar with the industries Vertex serves and have vast experience working with WCB and claims management.
- Ideal candidate will have 10 + years’ experience as a Corporate Safety Manager for large complex business
- Related Bachelor’s Degree or Certified Occupational Health & Safety professional
- Minimum National Designation - CRSP- Canadian Registered Safety Professional
- Relevant Industry experience in environmental, industrial, oilfield services, transportation and/or manufacturing
- Responsible for maintaining, updating, promoting and advising Vertex’s safety culture
- Leading the WCB and Claims management processes
- Responsible for developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Lead the development and management of the corporate health and safety policies and audit compliance
- Lead and coordinate Vertex’s activities with provincial government departments and provincial miniseries related to legislated occupation health and safety and emergency management compliance issues/initiative and contribute to legislative policy reviews
- Prepare and enforce polices to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk management strategies
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Ensure that all companies follow Standard Operating Procedures meet with standards of practice for OHS, clients and Industry best practice
- Conduct and review safety audits to ensure compliance for all site, equipment and machinery inspections and observe possible unsafe conditions;
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and manage worker’s compensation claims; and return to work programs
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Manage Vertex’s Corporate Safety Department, providing leadership and mentor-ship to the Corporate Safety team
- Prepare and present safety and performance reports for the senior management groups
- This position will be based out of Sherwood Park and will require occasional travel.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill-set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
Reference ID: 001-86
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Safety Management : 10 years (Preferred)
- Claims Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- WCB claim: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sherwood Park, AB (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)