Not just a job…
You’ll experience them both at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career. We are seeking innovative, customer focused people to join our team! Our state-of-the-art Loss Prevention Department currently has an opportunity in Edmonton for:
Part-time Response Centre Specialist
At London Drugs, we thrive on finding new ways to take care of people, every day. We go above and beyond the expected to take care of people and make their lives less complicated.
The Response Centre Specialist (RCS) is a member of Loss Prevention Operations, accountable for the monitoring of company locations via remote systems. As a front line point of contact to our internal customers and partners, the Response Centre Specialist (RCS) will professionally and efficiently respond to incidents and ensure that documentation is complete and meets established protocols. The RCS will proactively seek out potential loss situations or threats, communicate with stakeholders, so that appropriate preventative steps can be taken. The RCS may also be required to work additional shifts at the store level as a Loss Prevention Officer I.
Responsibilities and Primary Functions
- Protect all company assets and reduce losses.
- Remote monitoring of designated company locations
- Provide dispatch information to emergency responders as appropriate.
- Provide support to our internal customers
- Prepare incident reports and evidence packages to meet both companies and required legal standard
- Conduct daily assigned compliance audits
- Conduct telephone interviews.
Education & Experience:
- Possess a current provincial security worker license with a security guard or security monitor designation. ( i.e. BST training)
- First Aid & W.H.I.M.I.S. training
- Basic working knowledge of computers, networks and security systems (CCTV, remote video, access control etc).
- Understanding of criminal code sections applicable to Loss Prevention and protocols pertaining to the collection and handling of evidence.
- Working knowledge of retail loss prevention and security practices.
- Education in the areas of criminology, emergency management, justice or security management is an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to adhere to business phone etiquette while ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Ability to maintain professional and effective demeanor in critical incidences. Demonstrated ability to provide instruction, remain calm and respond with good judgment and clarity in emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently in a varied and demanding environment while maintaining objectivity.
- Strong time management, organizational & prioritization skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all company information, procedures, facilities systems and investigations
- Ability to interview, gain relevant information in a non- confrontational manner
We offer advancement opportunities through our promote-from-within policies, salaries commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Health & Wellness, we repay up to 100% of your YM/YWCA gym membership
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug and vision coverage for you and your family
- Company matched RRSPs
- Employee Discount Program
- Postsecondary Entrance Scholarships for you or your children
- Community Involvement
If you possess the necessary skills and expertise and would like to join an exciting team of professionals,
We are an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Be advised, London Drugs DOES NOT use third party recruitment services.
Job Type: Part-time