Highfield Stock Farm is a premier thoroughbred horse breeder located in the picturesque countryside in Aldersyde, near Okotoks, Alberta. We were named the Leading Breeder of Alberta-Bred Runners by Earnings in 2016, 2015, 2013 and 2010.
With a primary focus on thoroughbred horse breeding, Highfield Stock Farm is one of the leading consignors in Alberta and represents many clients throughout the province. We also offer quality care for mares, foals, training horses, and rehabilitation of injured horses. This 1000-acre farm features the finest equine facility consisting of irrigated pastures, individual paddocks, and a state-of-the-art breeding complex.
We are currently looking for a full time Barn Hand to join our team! Reporting to the Farm Supervisor, the main duties include basic horse care/grooming, cleaning stalls, feeding, turn in/out and other general barn chores. The ideal candidate is a positive team player, who is a self starter and can work well in a small-team setting. This is a great opportunity to work in the Thoroughbred industry in Alberta.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Class 5 drivers license with a reliable vehicle
- Prior experience handling horses
- Be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Be a strong team player with high standards, excellent interpersonal skills and a professional approach
- Be diligent of safety policies and procedures, and adhere to all company policies set forth by Highfield
- Be flexible and available for a variety of shifts and hours if required, depending on the weather
- We do not provide on site living arrangements
If you feel you are the reliable team player we are looking for, please forward your resume and cover letter. Please check out our website at www.highfieldstockfarm.ca. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Barn: 1 year (Preferred)
- Horse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)