Bizerba Label Solutions, Inc.
Job Title: Flexographic Press Operator II Department: Pressroom
Reports To: Production Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Prepared Date: 3/25/2020
Approved By: David Kunes, HR Director
Approved Date: 3/25/2020
Pay Rate: $16 to $25 based on experience, knowledge, and training.
You will set up and operate the flexographic printing press to print designs, or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock by performing the following duties:
- Read job order and mounts specified flexographic plate and printing dies on a cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly into the proper station.
- Fill ink pans with prescribed inks.
- Inserts shaft through the core of paper or plastic roll and secure roll-on press in feed position.
- Splices end of the roll to trailer sheet remaining in the press and turn the handwheel to regulate roll tension and feed as directed. Start press, adjusting speed, pressure, and alignment of the printing plate as necessary.
- Cuts sample of printed material from the end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
- Mixes inks to produce desired colors
- Record daily production in the printing management system.
- Install rotary cutting dies manually and using a portable lift.
- Move levers to engage ink rolls, adjusting the position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Or three to six months related experience and training
- Or an equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands, to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
*Must have reliable transportation
Bizerba North America
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour