Who and What is Plan A?
Are you looking for a forward thinking, fast growing company who is dedicated to supporting our seniors and healthcare professionals? Read on...
Plan A is a staffing agency that supports long-term care (LTC) who are experiencing staffing shortages.
Plan A is currently looking for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to join our qualified, dedicated, and compassionate team of support staff.
Plan A prides itself on offering supplemental, self-scheduled employment, however, Covid-19 has required us to temporarily change our scheduling model.
Please be advised, at this time preference will be given to individuals who:
1. Do not have another employer
2. Are interested and able to work in homes that may have Covid-19 cases
Flexibility, self-scheduling and all other usual job benefits will still apply.
Qualifications and Skills
- Completion of a recognized PSW program or completion of a first-year nursing program (Required)
- Live within 100km of the hiring location
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional, and flexible
- LTC experience considered an asset
*Plan A offers supplemental employment with no guarantee of hours, because of this, we are not a reason to relocate to the area. During the Covid-19 pandemic, we will work with our partners to try and ensure you have the hours you need.
A casual/supplemental position with Plan A is a great addition to any part-time or full-time schedule! The specific responsibilities and duties vary slightly from home to home, as well as from shift to shift. These expectations will be communicated during the site-specific orientation to each home. PSWs are expected to provide personal care to residents, safely assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including toileting, transferring, bathing and feeding.
As a PSW with Plan A, you would be working in LTC homes on a as needed, shift by shift basis. Plan A offers industry-leading wages with the opportunity to travel to different LTC facilities. With incentives, accommodations, and mileage coverage it's a great way to experience new towns and cities!
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy schedule (part-time or full-time hours available, minimum of only 3 shifts per month)
- Out of town shift opportunities: paid travel and accommodation
- Self-scheduling (easily through the StaffStat app)
- Orientation provided at all of our homes
- Access to Plan A management support 24/7
Hourly wage is $22/hour with an additional hourly incentive for shifts posted with less than 12-24 hours notice.
We cannot wait to meet you!
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.00-$29.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Greater Sudbury, ON (Preferred)