Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Manager, Project Controls
Reporting to the Vice President, Project Development the Manager, Project Controls will serve as the primary corporate resource for implementing project planning and controls methods, procedures, and systems on large and complex projects. The area of project controls include the disciplines of estimating, cost controls, planning and scheduling, change management, progress reporting and information data management/document control for home office and in the field.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- The overall health and sustainability of the functional disciplines of estimating, cost controls, planning and scheduling, change management, progress reporting and information data management/document control, and their effective integration with all PDG disciplines and functions
- Resource management functions including the staff planning, recruiting, project assignment, performance management, career development planning, motivation for salary review and promotions, and where necessary termination of staff under their management.
- The application of the company policies and procedures for the area of estimating, cost controls, planning and scheduling, change management, progress reporting and information data management/document control on all Project Development Group managed projects.
- Quality assurance over the project controls performance on projects, including periodic reviews of key project controls deliverables such as execution plans, data management systems and status reports.
- Organizing project review meetings as required by the VP Project Development and ensuring that data presented is meaningful and accurate.
- Managing the project historical data repository, including facilitating the capture of historical project performance data and parametrics, analyzing and organizing the data, and presenting learning or reference information as required.
- Transferring learning from actual project implementation into the improvement of company policies and procedures, and working with the Director of Project Execution Excellence, to update procedures, guides and template, provide training and manage any resulting organizational change.
- Selected independent reviews of project execution plans, estimates, project controls and risk management plans and stage performance against Teck Project Development Framework (TPDF) criteria at Stage Gates, or other agreed review milestones. This includes reviews of other project management functional areas where the incumbent has relevant experience.
- Administrative duties appropriate and necessary for the smooth implementation of the job role within the Teck Project Development Group.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in project controls and management roles on major mining and process plant project implementation is required.
- Strong skills and broad experience in the areas of estimating, cost controls, planning and scheduling, change management, progress reporting and information data management/document control, are essential.
- Strong leadership skills and functional management experience is a necessity.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and relationship building skills.
- Strong skills and knowledge of overall project implementation management functions and processes
- Good critical and conceptual thinking skills
- A graduate degree in an engineering discipline; a post-graduate degree such as MBA is desirable.
- This position is a Permannet Regular Full-Time position.
- Salary will be in the range of $160,000-$180,00/year CAD depending on expereince.
- Benefits will include: BC Medical Service Plan, Extended Health including Vision, Dental, Health Spending Account, Healthy Lifestyles Account, Basic Life Insurance, Basic AD&D, STD & LTD, EFAP, RRSP Plan, Vacation and Bonus.
Teck Resources Ltd
Suite 3300, 550 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Direct - 604-699-4438
Cell - 239-983-0664
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck atwww.teck.comor follow@TeckResources
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $160,000.00 to $180,000.00 /year