CartoVista is an innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment packed with opportunities for those seeking new challenges. Our mission is to enable the enterprise to better visualize and understand geographic data to make more informed and insightful business decisions.
We require a self-motivated GIS specialist to join our team to support new customers and expand the reach of our solution. This position involves working with the CartoVista software to create ground-breaking web mapping projects for our customers around the world. CartoVista offers you the opportunity to join our bilingual team in Ottawa-Gatineau, working with the latest GIS technologies and participating in the development of award-winning web maps. We are looking for an individual with a broad set of skills ranging from data management to high-quality cartographic production. If you have a solid background in GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo, FME, etc.), as well as excellent interpersonal skills, this position is for you.
- Manage web map cartographic content for CartoVista customers with GIS technologies
- Create interactive web maps with the CartoVista software
- Design high-quality cartographic base maps
- Work with the software engineering team on the development of cartographic innovations
- 3-year minimum experience creating maps and managing data with desktop GIS software (ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices related to mapping and cartographic design, automated geoprocessing analysis, source data evaluation, and accuracy verification procedures
- Experience in data management and geospatial data transformations (FME, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and practices related to mapping and geospatial data in the context of customer projects
- Superior inter-personal communication, teamwork, and client service skills
- Fluent in both English and French
Please note that this position is onsite (37 St-Joseph Boulevard in Gatineau, QC) and that we will not be considering remote work for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- GIS: 3 years (Required)
- FME: 1 year (Required)