At Wequedong Lodge, our Employees are dedicated to ensuring a safe, comfortable and culturally appropriate environment for our clientele. Established in 1984, the mandate of Wequedong Lodge is to provide accommodations, including meals, translation, transportation and referral services to First Nations (on and off reserve), Metis and Inuit clients accessing medical care in Thunder Bay. We are currently looking for a self-motivated and compassionate individual who has experience working in Human Resources within a unionized environment to join our growing team.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides support to a variety of human resources functions ranging from staff recruitment, health and safety, training, policy and procedure development, and up to labour relations with its unionized workforce.
The Human Resources Coordinator must possess:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration or related field is required at a minimum.
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) or currently working towards completion of designation.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Human Resources duties.
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Office and HRIS as well as experience with office equipment.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge and experience in Canada Labour Code, employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, labour relations, health and safety, employee engagement and employee development.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Strong organizational, administrative and evaluative skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Maturity, professionalism, enthusiasm and maintain a positive attitude while dealing with staff.
- Fluency either in Ojibway, Oji-Cree or Cree would be an asset.
- An understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the recruitment and selection process including but not limited to formatting and posting internal and external job postings, setting up, maintaining and closing competition files, arranging and setting up interview materials and rooms, coordinating interview arrangements with candidates, participate in interviews as a member of the interview panel, conducting reference checks, coordinating routine pre-employment testing of candidates, drafting employment offers and facilitate onboarding and orientation of new employees.
- Provide support for labour relation matters which includes employee grievances.
- Maintain and update the Human Resources filing system and employee database.
- Coordinate various training sessions such as WHMIS, Safe Food Handling, First Aid and other relevant training for frontline and management employees as directed.
- Support the performance management system which includes assisting the Supervisors with frontline employee evaluation schedule and maintaining the filing system.
- Support the Health and Safety program including participation on the Joint Health and Safety Committee as an alternate as well as WSIB and sick leave administration.
- Support the various employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and
- Revise Wequedong Lodge HR documents such as policies and procedures and Job Descriptions as directed.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, complete special projects and other related duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager or designate.
Interested candidates may apply in person, by mail, email or fax. Your application should include the competition number (2019-NON-04), your cover letter and resume.
Wequedong Lodge is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
While all responses are appreciated and will be handled with the strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)