PSI Concrete Pumping is a medium sized business in the Concrete Pumping and Placing field with a fleet of 13 pump trucks, 2 line pumps,and 3 high pressure line pumps.
We are seeking a diligent shop foreman to oversee the day-to-day operations of our company. In this role, you will supervise all personnel, oversee the management and maintenance of equipment, and ensure the efficiency of operations. You will also be required to manage inventory and enforce safety regulations. You will be required to jump in to help maintain, diagnose and repair said pump trucks.
To ensure success as a shop foreman, you should be highly organized and have excellent communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch shop foreman should be able to anticipate and address hindrances to operational efficiency.
Shop Foreman Responsibilities:
- Supervising and training staff.
- Creating and managing the staff, maintenance, and work schedules.
- Overseeing work to anticipate, detect, and address factors that impede operations.
- Enforcing safety regulations and protocols.
- Conducting performance reviews with staff.
- Meeting with management to deliver feedback and develop work optimization strategies.
- Implementing strategies to optimize workflow and operational efficiency.
- Ensuring that all equipment and machinery are properly operated and maintained.
- Monitoring inventory levels and replenishing supplies as needed.
- Performing administrative tasks such as updating and filing equipment orders, stock receipts, and staff schedules.
Shop Foreman Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license.
- class 3
- At least one year's experience as a shop foreman or similar.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- A great understanding of work optimization techniques.
- Good knowledge of the applicable safety regulations and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Good time management and problem-solving skills.
- A willingness to work long hours and overtime, if needed.
Preference will be given to candidate with pump (hydraulics) experience. Must also be willing to work Saturdays. These will be alternated.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $160,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- shop foreman: 1 year (required)
- Concrete Pump Truck repair: 2 years (required)
- Class 5 Licence (required)
- Class 3 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person