Join our BRAND team!!!
BRAND is the leading diversified provider of specialty multi-craft services to the North American downstream energy infrastructure market. Our extensive portfolio of service offerings includes work access, specialty coatings, abrasive blasting, insulation, refractory, corrosion protection, weatherproofing and other related crafts. We are currently building a skilled and dedicated team to deliver world class scaffold and insulation services to Canada's top Energy companies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Rope Access Technician – Level 3 to join our growing team at our Shell Scotford site in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
- Selects cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks and slings to fixed overhead structures;
- May direct workers engaged in hoisting machinery and equipment;
- Complete required paperwork (ex. Tracking Rope hours, Safety documents, etc.);
- Participate in on-the-job training with on-site personnel;
- Exhibit positive, courteous behavior with customers, businesses and co-workers;
- Maintenance of rope equipment and conduct equipment checks on a regular basis;
- Maintain and utilize the shared equipment effectively, minimizing and preventing damage;
- Well versed in safety and an understanding of health and safety procedures;
- Identify and report to supervisor any unsafe practices at work and/or any damage;
- Conduct daily job site hazard assessments and pre-work safety meetings;
- Attend and provide input during safety meetings;
- Performs the scope of work to completion and satisfaction of the client
- Valid/Current IRATA Level 3 Certification mandatory;
- NSCO certification is an asset;
- Certification in Confined Space, Energy Safety Canada CSO & WHMIS 2015 mandatory;
- Red Seal or apprenticeship in a valued trade is an asset;
- Experience working on industrial worksites, oil refineries;
- Experience working with different trades and in different industries with rope access;
- Ability to work in high elevations;
- Ability to bend, kneel, climb, and squat and have full range of motion;
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted and to operate hand tools;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid analytical, judgment and decision-making skills in order to choose most appropriate course of action;
- Organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are completed on time;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Active and quick learner who takes initiative in learning and acquiring new skills;
- Valid current driver s license
(The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear, and/or use hands and fingers to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand, and/or walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move and/or pull up to 50 pounds (up to 100 pounds with assistance) of equipment, material and/or tools which may include lifting 50 pounds (up to 100 pounds with assistance) above shoulders (6-7 feet). The employee must also be capable of continuously carrying/wearing harness and work belt weighing 25-50 pounds while performing essential duties. Must also be capable of climbing onto trailers or trucks and onto racks to secure and move equipment as well as climbing ladders to access scaffolding up to high, precarious places. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee regularly works in high, precarious places, is exposed to fumes, airborne particles, dust, non-weather heat, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is also regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and may work in varying degrees of confined space. The noise level is usually moderate but may be loud at certain times while working at construction job sites. There may be work related travel.
Brand Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunity to all individuals. We are also committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities to ensure they have the right tools and support to do their job. We are pleased to offer a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits, which could include a Group RRSP plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, and paid time off. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Job Type: Full-time
- Rope Access: 5 years (Preferred)
- industrial/ oil and gas site: 5 years (Preferred)
- IRATA LEVEL 3 (Required)
- NCSO (Preferred)